Babak Mehmanpazir, current vice dean for international accreditations and strategic management, has been appointed acting dean of EM Strasbourg Business School following the departure of Herbert Castéran.
In late August 2022, the president of the University of Strasbourg, Michel Deneken, and the president of the Board of Trustees of EM Strasbourg, Patrick Hetzel, announced the departure of Herbert Castéran for personal reasons.
Vice dean for international accreditations and strategic management at EM Strasbourg since 2016, Babak Mehmanpazir was appointed acting dean by Véronique Perdereau, deputy commissioner of higher education, research and innovation for the Grand Est region, on the proposal of the President of the University of Strasbourg effective October 1, 2022.
Babak Mehmanpazir holds a PhD in economics and has been an associate professor of management sciences since 1996. He has held numerous positions within EM Strasbourg and the University since his arrival in 1998:
- Deputy vice president for continuing education and alumni policy (Unistra) since September 2021
- Vice dean for international accreditations and strategic management since 2016
- Associate dean for Programme Grande École from 2008 to 2016
- Dean of IECS (former EM Strasbourg) from 2005 to 2007
- Head of the Master of International Trade from 1998 to 2005
As provided for in the School's statutes, the University of Strasbourg has also begun the process of recruiting the future Dean of the institution. The election is expected to be held in the first quarter of 2023.