Babak Mehmanpazir was elected dean of EM Strasbourg Business School on April 17, 2023. Representatives of the School’s ecosystem expressed their support for the strategic plan presented by electing him in the first round by a very large majority. His official appointment will be made by the Ministry of Higher Education and Research on the proposal of the President of the University of Strasbourg within three months.
A man with experience, Babak Mehmanpazir has great expertise in the world of business schools. Loyal to his institution for more than 25 years and demonstrating an unfailing commitment to the School's development, he established himself as a unifying candidate, capable of bringing together all stakeholders for the implementation of EM Strasbourg's strategic plan.
A 25-year-long career with the School and counting
Babak Mehmanpazir holds a PhD in economics and has been an associate professor of management sciences since 1998. He has occupied numerous positions within EM Strasbourg and the University since his arrival in 1997:
- Acting Dean (EM Strasbourg) since October 1, 2022
- Deputy Vice President for Continuing Education & Alumni Policy (Unistra) since September 2021
- Quality and International Accreditations Officer (IAE France) since 2021
- Vice Dean for International Accreditations & Strategic Management (EM Strasbourg) since 2016
- Associate Dean for Programme Grande École (EM Strasbourg) from 2008 to 2016
- Dean of the IECS (now EM Strasbourg) from 2005 to 2007
- Head of the Master of International Trade from 1998 to 2005