This workshop will be held on September 27-28, 2021 and is organized by LaRGE Research Center (University of Strasbourg), Bank of Finland Institute for Emerging Economies (BOFIT), and Gabelli School of Business, Fordham University (New York).
Keynote speaker: Chen LIN (The University of Hong Kong)
The workshop organizers invite researchers to submit empirical papers covering all areas of banking and finance in emerging markets.
Possible topics include but are not limited to the following:
- banking and institutions
- political economy of banking
- financial stability in emerging markets
- political connections of firms
- institutional underpinnings of financial systems
- political uncertainty and financial decisions
- Zuzana Fungáčová (BOFIT)
- Iftekhar Hasan (Fordham University)
- Iikka Korhonen (BOFIT)
- Paul Wachtel (New York University)
- Laurent Weill (LaRGE Research Center, University of Strasbourg).
Paper submission procedure:
Those interested in presenting a paper should submit a copy of their research in Word or pdf format via online submission form. Only complete papers will be considered. There is no conference fee.
The deadline for submission is March 31st, 2021.
The authors of accepted papers will be notified by April 26th, 2021.
We aim to organize the workshop in Strasbourg. Nevertheless, depending on the pandemic situation at the time of the workshop, the workshop might be held in a hybrid form or entirely online.